Dr. Shalina Ray
DLO, MS (ENT), MRCS (UK), DOHNS (UK).
Field of Expertise:
- Endoscopic Advanced Sinus Surgery
- Orbital and Skull Base Lesions
- Coblation Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy
- Microscopic Reconstructive Ear Surgery
- Laser-Assisted Laryngeal Surgery for Voice Disorders
- Surgeries for Snoring and Sleep Apnoea Coblation and Radiofrequency assisted
- Thyroid and Head and Neck Surgeries
- Paediatric ENT Surgeries
- Evaluation and Management of Vertigo, Tinnitus, Hearing Loss and Nasal Allergies
- ENT Emergencies: Removal of Foreign Bodies In ENT, Nasal Bleed Management, Airway Obstruction Management
My journey as a doctor started in 1997 when I joined as an ENT trainee at BJ Medical College Ahmedabad. From then on it has been an exciting path from the dissection laboratories to the operating theatre, with every centre I trained in providing me with the experience and training in the different branches of otolaryngology.
After qualifying as an ENT surgeon in the year 2000, I joined as a Head and Neck Clinical Fellow at Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai. I then further consolidated my training by working for the NHS in England, where I did my surgical training at Luton &Dunstable University Hospitals from 2002 to 2008 and completing my MRCS and DOHNS degrees.
Often there are multiple ways of treating a problem, I personalise the treatment plan for the patient and lay out the options and let the patients and relatives decide whats best for them. It is very gratifying to change peoples lives and impact their world in some way.
I am available for OPD consultations and surgeries at Manipal Hospital Bangalore Airport Road and Manipal Hospital Whitefield Branch. All of these centres have audiology services and speech therapy, endoscopy facilities and radiological scanning facilities available on-site. I conduct OPDs on all days of the week. To find out my availability, please check the appointment section below.
I look forward to seeing you and helping you.
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE AND POSTS
Part of faculty and help organize Manipal hospital annual international conference on pediatric upper airway
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS